Appropriate asset allocation is a vital component of any investment strategy. We work with you to distribute your assets based on your spending needs and desire to leave wealth to future generations and charitable organisations. The better we understand your wealth's intended uses, the more precisely we can align your portfolio's risk and expected return characteristics with your objectives.
We implement your asset allocation strategy using a combination of proprietary and third-party investment strategies with a single goal in mind: maintaining and growing your wealth. To be eligible for inclusion on our platform, all investment managers must share our convictions that purchasing securities at a discount to their valuation and knowing what you own and why are the greatest strategies to protect and develop wealth over time.
Asset Allocation Process
Wilby Securities' ("WS") investment teams make asset allocation recommendations for a variety of client types, and our relationship teams use these recommendations as a jumping off point to combine our best thinking with investment and wealth planning advice tailored to your and your family's needs.
Our Fundamental Investment Principles
- Active Management: We think that all markets are intrinsically inefficient and that by carefully selecting securities, investors can produce excess returns while minimising the danger of permanent capital loss.
- Bottom-Up Fundamental Research: We invest in techniques that use thorough fundamental analysis to forecast the value of each possible investment.
- Value Orientation: We seek strategies that invest in securities that are trading at a discount to our estimate of their intrinsic value*, giving the portfolio a margin of safety.**
- Long-Term Focus: We believe that the best way to generate great investment returns is to patiently wait for an investment's potential to be realised without being affected by short-term market volatility.
- Unique View of Risk: We believe that the greatest threat to your financial health is not market volatility, but rather irreversible capital loss. We believe that market volatility creates opportunities to acquire high-quality assets at a discount to their fair value.
- Discipline and Patience: We are long-term investors. When nothing fulfils our investing requirements, we keep cash, and we have the conviction to sell when an investment no longer offers acceptable returns compared to its risk.
*Intrinsic value is what we believe a security is worth based on our study of both tangible and intangible aspects.
**When we believe there is a big discount to intrinsic value at the moment of acquisition, we have a margin of safety. – We try to buy at or below 75% of our estimated intrinsic value.