The versatility of our investment strategy sets us apart for both management teams and co-investors. We have the flexibility to invest in a variety of securities, including equity, subordinated debt, or a combination of both. Unlike other funds, we do not adhere to a predetermined formula for the equity and debt split, allowing us to tailor a capital structure that best suits each investment.
Wilby Securities ("WS") Capital Partners focuses on investing in the following types of transactions:
We acquire a majority stake in the company and act as the financial sponsor:
- Typically, the structure involves a comprehensive junior capital solution consisting of equity and subordinated debt investments by WS.
- This option is particularly appealing to owner-operators who value the certainty of closing a deal with a single junior capital provider.
In minority/non-control transactions and when partnering with operating executives or investors, our capital supports management buyouts, growth initiatives, recapitalizations, venture-backed companies with varying liquidity goals, as well as investors seeking capital for partial liquidity and/or growth.
We serve as the sole institutional investor with a minority stake in an owner-operated business, or a significant minority investor in a business that already has institutional investors and requires an additional financial partner:
- Typical investment structures include straight preferred or common equity, or a combination of equity and subordinated debt.
- Our investments are well-suited for family-owned or privately held businesses in need of capital while aiming to retain economic control.
Partnering with Operating Executives or Other Investors:
- We provide a mix of equity and subordinated debt to a family investment office or fundless sponsor with an existing portfolio company or a new investment opportunity that requires a primary capital provider.
- We support executives with capital to execute a management or leveraged buyout of a business identified by either the executive or ourselves.